Welcome to the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL), nursing’s portal to the world of clinical simulation pedagogy and learning environments.
Whether you are a novice or an expert in the use of simulation, INACSL has something for you.
INACSL’s mission is to advance the science of healthcare simulation. INACSL has operationalized its mission by developing the first standards for simulation practice, INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM. Published in the Clinical Simulation in Nursing, INACSL's monthly, electronic research journal, these freely accessible articles provide the industry with guidelines for creating and executing healthcare simulations.
Simulation and INACSL has grown rapidly over the last few years. This trend is expected to continue and accelerate. New growth potentials are expected this year and INACSL will be a leader for nursing simulation. INACSL provides benefits for its members in a variety of areas:
- Our journal, Clinical Simulation in Nursing (CSN), is a valuable resource for the growing body of evidence for simulation. CSN received an impact factor of 1.360 in July 2016.
- INACSL Educational Webinars provide timely information about simulation and the opportunity to earn CNE.
- INACSL Journal Roundtable sessions provide an opportunity for live Q&A sessions featuring award winning researchers.
- The annual INACSL Conference provides space for networking and sharing knowledge and skills to further the science of simulation alongside educators, researchers and industry partners from around the world.
- The INACSL-CAE Healthcare Simulation Fellowship is and educational course designed for new simulation educators and existing simulation educators who need additional support, as well as directors overseeing a simulation center.
- The INACSL Research Fellowship develops future leaders in simulation research through an intensive year long virtual program.
- INACSL’s LinkedIn network keeps members connected throughout the year, provides a venue for asking questions, sharing tips and solutions, and posting employment opportunities. Pose questions to our LinkedIn group and you’ll receive answers from members with years of experience in the simulation field.
- Follow us on Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter (@INACSL), FaceBook.
- INACSL has worked collaboratively with the NLN for HomeGrown Simulation Solutions and Debriefing Across the Curriculum in the NLN VISIONSERIES
- Each fall INACSL accepts grant applications for the Debra Spunt Research Grants.
- Each fall INACSL accepts scholarship applications for individuals to attend our annual conference through the Anthony Battaglia Conference Scholarship.
- INACSL publishes a monthly, electronic Current News to keep members informed of all INACSL's activites.
- There are many opportunities to be involved at different levels of the organization through serving on committees, as a committee chair, a task force, or running for a position on the Board of Directors.
The INACSL Board of Directors is committed to our organization and its members. If you have questions or are interested in becoming more involved in INACSL, please contact us at email@example.com.
Kristina Thomas Dreifuerst, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF
International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
Associate Professor, College of Nursing, Marquette University
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.